Let’s Kick Cancer Fundraiser
On Saturday 8th August we fundraised for the GI Cancer Institute in honour of Kase Miller’s dad Mick Miller who lost a short battle with cancer in February. Together SFL Clubs raised over $10,000 through:
- Slater & Gordon kicking in $100 per Lindisfarne goal
- A variety of donors kicking in $100 per Hobart goal, including the Hobart Tigers, Lifters Hire and Cindy and Greg Barker who donated $100 as Greg is currently battling cancer.
- Budget Rent A Car and Jody Lind kicking in $250 per goal of Kase’s
- LFC players fining themselves $20 a behind as well as donating match fees
- The club donating profits from the sale of 100 LFC scarves – $1000
- All SFL clubs collecting at each ground for the round
- Even a $10 from a senior bowler the Bowls Club next door who asked someone to run it over when he heard what was going on.
The event also promoted early detection and treatment options for a range of GI Cancers with information at the grounds and through media.
The event gained good media coverage throughout the week with appearances on ABC Radio National, HOFM, Ultra 106.5 and Heart FM as well as in The Mercury – although we understand the complaint Kase lodged about unfair hair placement in the photo published is still being investigated…
A huge congratulations to everyone involved for pulling it together!
To listen to a radio broadcast about the event visit http://ultra106five.com/2015/08/08/1369/