Round 1 Senior Report

Round one 2010 got underway with the Two Blues on the road to take on cellar dwellers Triabunna. It was new look Lindisfarne outfit that took to the field with first time senior coach Justin “Chooka” Rainbird notching up win number one as coach.

In what was expected to be a one sided contest “The Bunna” jumped out of the blocks kicking the first goal of what turned out to be a closely fought first quarter, with the Two Blues struggling to find there rhythm going into the forward line where Nick McWilliams was on fire, marking everything that came his way.

The second quarter got underway in much the same style before the Two Blues running game got going as they piled on the pressure, forcing the opposition into turnovers with inaccuracy in front of goal costing what would have been a bigger half time lead.

After the long break it was completely different game with the home side falling off the pace and the Two Blues taking it to another level with the half back and centre lines linking up, running down the ground in waves and getting the ball quickly into the potent forward line where the likes of Jamie Tubb, Tim Bracken and Aaron “Squirrel” Hilder were taking marks and kicking goals at every opportunity.

The most impressive part of the game was the team’s willingness to work for each other with sheppard’s and unrewarded running being a stand out factor in the side’s performance. Other key players on the day were Dave Scott who was good marking target on the wing, Brodie Phillips who set up a lot of forward thrusts with his run and ball use off half back and Nick Braslin who got plenty of footy through the middle.

The win should give the side confidence going to next weeks game when The Two Blues are back at Anzac Park and are taking on last years premier New Norfolk who had a first up win over Dodges Ferry.

Cam "Craig Alexander" Berry

2 responses on “Round 1 Senior Report

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *